Dog training should be a non-negotiable for serious owners.
As any dog owner knows, having a four-legged friend in the family comes with a lot of responsibility. One of the most important things you can do for your dog is to learn how to communicate with your dog through training. Dogs who are well-trained are less likely to bark excessively, become anxious, or make messes in the house. They are also more likely to be welcome guests at social gatherings and be less likely to disturb the neighbors.
Training is also a great way to bond with your dog and form a closer relationship. Whether you’re teaching them basic obedience commands or teaching them tricks, training is an essential part of being a responsible dog owner. So if you’re thinking about getting a dog, be sure to factor training into the equation. It’s one of the best things you can do for your furry friend – and yourself.
Wholistic Canine is a different kind of dog training company. We believe in a holistic approach to dog training, which means that we take into account the whole dog – their individual personality, needs, and behavior. This allows us to create a unique training plan for each dog that we work with. Some dog training companies take a one-size-fits-all approach to training, which doesn’t always work best for every dog. At Wholistic Canine, we understand that every dog is different, and we tailor our approach to each individual canine. So why choose Wholistic Canine over traditional dog training? Because we offer a better approach – one that takes into account the whole dog. As Kim Brophey calls it “L.E.G.S.” Learning, Environment, Genetics and Self.
If you’re a dog owner, you may have considered starting training at some point. But what are the reasons to actually go through with it? Here are five reasons that may convince you to start dog training:
1. To stop your dog from barking excessively – whether it’s out of excitement, fear or anxiety, too much barking can be a nuisance for both you and your neighbors. Training can help your dog learn when it’s appropriate to bark and when to stay quiet.
2. To help with obedience issues – does your dog pull on the leash when you go for walks? Jump up on guests when they come over? Disobeying basic commands can be frustrating, but training can help your dog learn how to behave.
3. To reduce anxiety and stress – some dogs may feel anxious in certain situations, such as being left alone or meeting new people. If this is the case with your dog, training can help them feel more relaxed and comfortable.
4. To improve your bond – spending time together while learning new things can be a great way to strengthen the bond between you and your dog. Training can be a fun and rewarding experience for both of you!
5. To avoid neighbor complaints – if your dog is disruptive and lawmakers are getting involved, it may be time to consider training. Dogs that are well-behaved are less likely to cause problems for the community, so everybody wins!
How Do we offer a better approach to training your dog?
Wholistic Canine is a better approach to dog training for several reasons. First, we want to see overall improvement in your dogs, mental and physical health not just in obedience. Second, we believe in training the whole dog, not just teaching commands. This means addressing behavioral issues such as general anxiety, separation anxiety, chewing, and reactivity. Finally, Wholistic Canine offers a comprehensive approach to dog training that includes everything from nutrition to swimming lessons . We offer a wide range of services, so you can find the perfect one for your needs. Wholistic Canine is the best choice for those looking for a better way to train their dogs.
The primary differences between conflict-free dog training and regular dog training
Wholistic Canine offers a unique approach to dog training that focuses on the whole dog, rather than just obedience commands. This includes using all four quadrants in dog training to build a strong bond with your dog, as well as teaching them how to think for themselves. Old School dog training methods often rely on compulsion-based training, to get dogs to behave. However, this can lead to mistrust and even owner-directed aggression. In contrast, conflict-free dog training helps dogs to feel safe and secure while still learning what is expected of them. We work more on shaping activities from an ethological standpoint. So Looking at how the dog learns, what its environment is, what its genetics tell us, and what its current self is.
As a result, they are more likely to offer good behavior without even being prompted. Of course, not every dog or owner will choose this route, so we also counsel on other options and weigh pros and cons of each. Wholistic Canine also offers a variety of other services, such as behavior modification, perception modification, and puppy classes. These services are designed to help dogs become well-rounded members of the family. Contact Wholistic Canine today to learn more about our unique approach to dog training.